Most people consider mushrooms to be the small, ugly cousins of the plant kingdom, but theirs is surprisingly beautiful and wonderful world waiting to be explored. These beautiful mushrooms, captured by enthusiastic nature photographers, are a far cry from the ones you find in the woods or your local grocery store.
Most mushrooms, as we know them, are actually just the reproductive structure of the fungus they belong to – their fungal networks expand far further underground, and some fungi don’t even sprout the sort of mushrooms that we’re used to seeing. In fact, depending on your definition of “organism,” the largest living organism in the world is a fungus – there’s a honey mushroom colony in Oregon that occupies about 2,000 acres of land! ( Bored Panda )
okay. I found this website that has a collection of people who made their prom outfits out of duct tape, yes, DUCT TAPE.
can we all just take a moment
to appreciate all of the hard work
that must have gone into these outfits
like damn, that is a lot of duct tape and dedication
good job guys
There is actually a competition run by duck tape for the best duck tape prom dress and suit. I believe the winner gets like a ton of scholarship money!
okay got these girls all sketched out for gemstuck, + a bonus rose and jade bcause i couldnt help myself..lmao
but im posting them now b4 bed bcause im rly happy with these sketches, tho ill have to tweak out a few errors during lineart later
Another species to be added to the ever-growing tick-list:
Africa’s Western Black Rhino has been officially declared EXTINCT. Poaching and lack of conservation have led the subspecies of black rhino to extermination, while the Northern White Rhino is ‘teetering on the brink of extinction’.
Way to go, humanity.
what’s sad is hardly anyone fucking cares or wants to hear about it let alone talk about it
That post about mermaid mixes was cool but what about other stuff like harpies people come on!
>Pheonix harpies with blazing wings you’d not want to cross by one in the air! They could toss flaming feathers at airships damaging or even burning them down!
>Were-harpies, imagine that they become these larger or even gigantic feral birds with huge claws attacking anything on the air and their path.
>If not bird harpies imagine bat like vampire harpies or undead with nearly or featherless rotten and bony wings, hunting anything in packs come on!
yo but mermaid monster hybrids though
- vampire mermaids who prey on their own kind — when they get bitten, their scales fall off, their tails turn a slick and fleshy grey, a dorsal fin begins to sprout from their spine, and suddenly there’s six rows of teeth where once there was only one
- mermaid medusas who’ve got eels for hair and it’s not their gaze that can turn you to stone but their song
- fairy mermaids who’re born of spite and mischief — they’re small, the size of seahorses, and they speed through the currents causing mayhem and sometimes destruction
- were-mermaids who turn into huge, hulking great whites when the full moon filters through the deep waters, who cannot be restrained because what shackles can you find in the deep?, who leave blood and guts in their wake
Let’s go deeper
- Mermaid dryads tied to a whole kept forest, fins and hair perfectly camouflaged with their natural habitat. They drift serenely through their gardens until it is threatened, when the whole kelp forest turns on the attacker and drags it down to its death.
- Elementally aligned mermaids - air-aligned mermaids leap joyously from the water and glide on tough fins, punching through the surface of the water like tiny spears of silver-blue. Fire-aligned mermaids drawn to deep volcanic vents, blind and sickly-white with teeth that fit together like a sieve.
- Kraken mermaids.
I’m with a huge art block right now, i want to do more profiles but my drawing capabilities has gone rusty, i’m trying to doodle stuff to force myself to get a grip but i keep just staring to an empty canvas.
So i’m open to get some requests here’s my ask box. I might make some or not, do not get upset if i don’t do yours, requests are mostly sugestions i might try to do them but i might get upset about it and drop it and i’m charging nothing to do them!